Emergency crews had to close off a section of a downtown street because of a natural gas leak Thursday morning.
Firefighters were called to King Street between Clarence and Richmond streets around 9 a.m. after a construction crew working in the area reportedly severed the gas line.
Pedestrian access to the area was immediately closed off and Enbridge Gas was contacted to shut off the line.
The gas dissipated naturally outdoors, fire officials said.
However, gas that had built up inside of the vacant building at 183 King Street had to be vented out.
No injuries were reported.
Read original story from London Ontario – BlackburnNews.com